martedì 28 maggio 2013

Another double victory for super Salvini in Portugal

Portugal

Another double victory for super Salvini in Portugal

HM Honda Zanardo's Alex Salvini scored an amazing double victory at round four of the Enduro World Championship at the weekend in Torres Vedras, Portugal, to increase his championship lead in the E2 class.
On both days the Italian Enduro star fought hard until the very final stages with arch-rival Ivan Cervantes, but he was able to stretch a comfortable lead and take the victory, as well as the overall classification out of all of the riders in competition. During the 13 tests he won seven times, had three second places, with two thirds and one fourth. On Sunday he had the best times on seven occasions and took with it the overall victory once again. Salvini's championship points are now at 149, with Cervantes 134, Renet 121 and Aubert 116.
Teammate Simone Albergoni endured another tough weekend in the E1 class taking 11th position on both days while struggling to find a good rhythm and the right feeling.
The next event for the HM Honda Zanardo team is round three of the Italian Championship on the 1st and 2nd of June.
Alex Salvini #9
"It was two perfect days of competition, where I was in the lead from the start to the finish in both the E2 class and the overall classification. On Saturday I was able to produce more than Cervantes, both in the line and in the cross test, as every lap I tried to increase the gap. It was a great battle; I felt strong and the bike was perfect. I want to thank the team for their great support and for the work we are doing together."
Simone Albergoni #50
"Unfortunately in these two days of competition I was unable to achieve what I wanted. I tried to enjoy myself and gave my best, but the times just don't show that. The goal is to find a solution as soon as possible to improve and get back in shape for the next race of the World Championship in Romania. Now my focus is to redeem myself in the next race of the Italian series in June."
Franco Mayr: HM Honda Zanardo Team Manager
"From Spain we weren't happy to be beaten, and with Simone the results weren't there. Unfortunately he was unable to find the right feeling this weekend and I hope soon he can find the pace. Alex reacted to the two second places in Spain with a great test here this weekend. He started very strong and was able to get a good gap to not only win the E2 class on both days, but also the overall classification in front of many World Champion riders. It's amazing to see his determination and the feeling he has with the bike. I'm happy because we are heading home 15 points ahead of Cervantes. We still have three World rounds to go though, so the championship is still long."

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento