martedì 8 luglio 2014

Third place for Salvini in Sweden

GP of Sweden



Alex Salvini finished an overall third in the GP of Sweden after two strong races over the weekend. 

Salvini came home behind Pela Renet and Johnny Aubert on both Saturday and Sunday in the E2 Class to secure his place on the podium. 

The Italian and current World Champion was unlucky not to fare better as a branch got caught in the clutch and took over a minute to clear.

On the contrary, in EJ, Alessandro Battig is unfortunately now out of the picture before the cross special Saturday for a fall in which he reported subluxation of the right shoulder and it will have at least a month before you can return to the races. 

ALEX SALVINI
"On Sunday, the third lap, I crashed twice in the enduro test and once in the extreme. Saturday I pushed hard because I was aware that on Sunday I suffered from my lack of physical preparation due to injuries in the last two months, in which I was not able to train a lot. Saturday would have finished second without problems if the third lap, when I was about twenty seconds Renet, I had not had a problem because of a branch that I pulled off the clutch actuator, a similar incident had never happened. So I lost more than a minute before you can start. After I thought I'd just keep the third place as they would no longer make sense to risk."

Alessandro Battig
"It was a race really unfortunate, because I have done the right shoulder suffered badly and now I will have for at least a month. And to think that I had arrived in Sweden nice load to do well. I'm sorry, especially for the team, thank you for that as is following me."

FRANCO MAYR
"For Salvini the race was immediately presented very challenging and probably emerged even more his lack of preparation due to injuries suffered in the past two months. His opponents have also raised the level of competitiveness of E2 and, here in Sweden, he has certainly suffered a tough test, and its little feeling with his Honda CRE 450R that we have made available RedMoto. Salvini has made a good impression by winning three special and ending all remaining always among the best. Sunday, in addition to the third position of the E2, was also third absolute. I'm sure we'll see him at the top in the next races because we now have more than a month to plan well ahead for the upcoming week. Battig only needs to moderate his excessive vehemence due to the desire to prove at all costs to get a prestigious result in his first season of the world. The enduro is also made up of a lot of experience and should grow up without any hurry."

Next fixture racing for Honda-Zanardo are the Enduro Italian Championship July 20 in Pederobba (TV).

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento